RE: Re:RE: Really Fast Lightning

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 13:57:26 EST

Just about the same argument for any production performance vehicle. I can
easily build a Camaro/Firebird for $40K that will kick a $70K Viper's butt,
etc, etc., etc...

Question always is "what did it really cost" (including labour, parts,
running around, waiting, etc.) vs. just buying something thats ready to run.
Run with lots of guys at the track that are "saving money" building their
cars up, but only make 70% of the races 'cause their cars are down waiting
for the "next greatest part" or are just plain broken. I like being able to
take it to the track 100% of the time, drive it like I want to, and if it
breaks phone the 1-800 number and have DC come and pick it up and tow it to
the dealership and have it fixed at no charge to me. But then again I prefer
to drive rather than build and tinker (which for some is 90% of the fun), so
to each his own...

Craig