Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 22:19:04 EST

I've always been partial to Pioneer products, had 'em in two vehicles and
sounded great. A friend of mine always went with sony and sounded like
shit. Which leads in to a question, if you plan on getting an amp for your
system, would'nt it be kinda foolish to go out and by, say, a pioneer head
unit putting out 45WX4, and then add an amp to that. I mean the most
continueous power I have seen from a 4 channel amp is 65W/channel(not that I
look much!), you would spend a 300+ on the head unit and then 400+ on the
amp and only get a extra 20W/channel over the head unit. Would it be better
to get a low power head unit to save some bucks? How about a head unit that
puts out no power?(if there even was such a thing!) Does that all make
sense?

Jason