Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 23:25:53 EST

> Here's the deal, I bought a used '93 dakota in october. slowly but surely
> I've been adding mods, (towing package, sony cd, soon a roll-top) and I'm
> looking to put a system in it. I don't want anything hella fancy, just
> something that sounds good. I was thinking possibly 2 6X9's and a couple
> 4's, but I really have no clue what brand or size to buy for speaker/amp.
> If anybody has any experiences, preferences, or suggestions they'd help
out
> a lot, thanx.

Depends on your version of a system, but here is what I did. I did not go
for the boomin' glass breakin' thumpin' system, just something which is
functional and sounds decent. I am very happy with my results, which I all
did myself. First off, I replaced my factory tape deck with a Pioneer
DEH45DH AM/FM CD Deck, and it work pretty good for my needs. I also replaced
the 5x7 speakers behind the seats with Pioneer 3way 5x7 speakers and I
replaced the 5.25" door speakers with Pioneer 2way 6.5" Speakers. Yes the
6.5" speakers fit without any other mods needed, as the speaker hole in the
door in huge. The stock speakers are a joke once I got them out and looked
at them, amazing they actually put that kind stuff in there to begin with.
The aftermarket speakers and CD deck has made a really nice difference is
sounds quality and suits my needs perfectly.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6