RE: Insurance Premiums (advice from an agent)

From: Wayne T. Schultz (rimfax@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 16:05:08 EST

I am replying late because I was out of town.

I am an insurance agent from CT. Everyones insurance is based on a number
of factors some of which are:

        1) Sex
        2) Age
        3) Months Licensed
        4) Prior insurance (Do you currently have auto insurance? Or Are you on
you parents policy?) Both are good.
        5) How long you have had continuous insurance? (in months)
        6) Is your current insurance carrier standard or non standard?
        7) Driving history (This includes accidents, not at fault accidents and
tickets.)
        8) Your zip code. (As many have mentioned NYC is more expensive than
Roosevelt, OK.)
        9) The coverages you choose and the coverages you currently have.
        10) Credit
        11) Marital status

I have left out many of the things you can get discounts for, but the above
should give you a general idea.

Basically, the advent of computers has enabled insurance companies to add
more criteria to create driver profiles. Companies are attempting to find
(statistically of course) how much each profile will cost.

For the young drivers:

The least expensive way to insure a car is on your parents policy.

If anyone has any other questions let them rip.

- Wayne