Re: Re: Trans go shift kit question

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 16:25:22 EST

> Have a friend that knows cars and stuff with you to help you out... If I
> didnt have a friend helping me the 10 hrs it took (20-30 degrees is not a
> goot idea temp range to install these) I woulda never been able to do it...

> Its fairly simple... Just have the video and valve body in the same place...
> makes it much much much much... umm Easier =)

I didn mine in 9 hours by myself. 9-10 hours seems to be how long
this one takes. But do what I did -- get a small tv and vcr and put
it on the workbench. Then take the vcr remote and put it in a zip
lock bag (keeps the fluid off of it). Play the tape and stop it on
each step. Do the step, then play the tape for the next step. If you
do this and follow the written instructions to the letter you can't go
wrong. I did mine and I had never even changed the tranny filter
before! Just take your time and double check everything and you'll be
ok.

--Mike