Re: No Tires(00 CC SLT+)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 17:23:29 EST

At 03:17 PM 1/26/00 EST, you wrote:
> With all this great snow here in MD. I went on a field trip today to my
>local tire store to see if I could get a set of snow tires. To my surprise
>they said that no one makes any tires that won't mess up the anti-lock
brakes
>or the computer what is up with that. I understand that it will change the
>accuracy of the speedo but they are saying that the engine will not run
>right. And what would happen to the anti-lock if i put bigger tires on. Are
>they just trying to blow smoke or what. I wanted to put on either 30x9.5x15
>or 31x9.5x15 something to give it a little more bite. Like an all terrain
>tire. I do have the 15x8 wheels 6 lugs on 4.5". Any tried & proven answers
>would be appreciated.

Not from my personal experience. My stock tires were 215/75-15s. I went
with Bridgestone Blizzaks 235/75-15s with appropriate speedometer pinion
gear change. My non-winter tires are Dunlop Radial Rover 235/75-15s.

Blizzaks first went on for the '97-'98 winter and Dunlops in early
spring of '98. I've no problems with ABS not working or with any
driveability problems. As a matter of fact, mileage improved a bit.
Traction and handling also improved greatly. If the Blizzaks did
not like heat, I'd probably run them in the summer as well ...
traction is great.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.