Re: did you guys get your tow straps?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 18:55:00 EST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 SS454454@aol.com wrote:

> Jon Steiger and John Neff? did you guys get your straps and tow ropes? let
> me know when you get them and how you like them. John youre getting one of
> the new straps. the others were mine but i knew you guys were waiting for a
> while so i sent you guys mine and i got the shipment a day after i mailed
> them. anyway let me know how you like them and mabey you guys can take a
> better pic than i got of them to give to Preacher
> he offered to put them on his web site since mine sucks

    Yep, I got mine yesterday. Thanks! They're definitely beefy. :-)
I noticed that the loops on the ends were narrower than the strap itself;
it seems like the loop would fit right into the end of a 2" receiver
hitch. Wasn't there some discussion earlier about having to build some
sort of special adaptor because they wouldn't fit inside a hitch? I
haven't tried it, but it looks like they'd fit to me... ?

   Thanks again, Rob for putting this together! BTW, have you checked
into sending them out UPS rather than via USPS? I don't know for sure,
but it might be cheaper. Just a thought. Note to DMLers: these straps
are pretty heavy, the postage on the package containing the 2 straps Rob
sent me was about $20. So just on the off chance that anyone is worried
that Rob is trying to rip you off on the shipping or something, don't. :-)
They're expensive to ship 'cause these are some serious straps! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'