Re: 4 Wheel Questions

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 20:53:06 EST

Erika,

If you have to shift it into 4 wheel drive then it is part-time
4wd.....since it is not in 4wd all the time. The full time units have a
viscous clutch or something in the transfer case. Shift on the fly means you
can shift it while you are moving. If it takes a mile to engage and
disengage you have a problem. My goes in within seconds and out the same
way. Any thing else? There are some nice sites that explain all this
stuff...I need to book mark one next ime I find it and send it to you. I
think 4x44u.com was a good one but their site won't come up anymore.

Gary