4 Wheel Questions

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 19:47:45 EST

1st Question. Would someone please explain to me what exactly part time four
wheel drive is.

2nd Question. When you put it in four wheel drive, should it go into 4 wheel
drive immediatly, also, once in 4 wheel drive, should it come right out?

My truck has a dendency not to come out of 4 wheel drive until about a mile
down the road. I was told by the dealership that this was normal. I was also
told that it was normal for it not to go into 4 wheel drive soon as you pull
it into 4 wheel drive. Which then brings me to my third question, what
exactly does shift on the fly mean?

I just want to make sure that what I though about 4 wheel drive was right
before I go tear the dealership a new back side.

Thanks!