RE: Group Dyno 4.7 vs 5.9 here we goooooooooooooooooooo!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 11:14:34 EST

At 05:45 AM 1/27/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Yep your right Aaron, its in the 200-210 range. I am currently trying to
>schedule my Dyno run for February. I am going to put my truck back to stock
>form and run it, then put on my K&N open element intake and run the truck.
>I will be sure to post my results. As I have said before, the Dyno sheet
>won't lie!

My guestimates were based on reports of 4.7 CC, auto., 3.55 SG running 15.4s
and 4.7 RC, manual, 3.92 SG running a tic under 14.9s.

A '97 5.2L, RC, auto., 3.55 SG with the Magnum R/T package and ram air hood
has been dynoed at 225hp and 297 torque (all corrected figures) in Mopar
Muscle.
A Dakota with similar mods ran in one of the Truckin' shootouts was running
a tic under 15.4s. My Dakota with the R/T package, no ram air, transgo kit,
effective gear ratio of about 3.80 and F&B tb ran 14.91s. John Steiger's
'96 318 runs mid-14s and was dynoed at C@C last year with 235hp and 293lb-ft.

Mind you, there are many variables which are not taken into account when
using ETs as a basis for guestimates (weight, track conditions, driver
ability,
aerodynamics, weather conditions, torque multiplication factors, etc.) but,
unfortunately, no one has submitted a dyno for a 4.7 to date. Even if some
were to come in, the figures would be for specific torque multiplication
factors
(tranny ratios, torque converter size/stall, gear ratios) as well as engine
output if they were done on chasis dynos.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.