Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:39:58 EST

In a message dated 1/26/00 10:39:00 PM Mountain Standard Time,
dak_fan92@yahoo.com writes:

> I would have to agree with the rate of suck of the
> factory locations. I have a 92 CC, I put a component
> set of Pyle 5 1/4" - tweeter package in the door. I
> mounted the tweeter above the door handle....huge
> difference. All you need is a hole saw. Also, if you
> put speakers in the doors it is a good idea to get the
> speaker covers that cover the backs of the
> speaker...protects it from water and other grime.
> Crutchfield has these. In the back I have pioneer
> 5x7's and an Atomic 8" sub/Alpine EQ/Profile amp
> mounted under the rear seats. The amp is a 4 channel
> with 600 watts and it powers everything. This system
> will not blow you out of the truck with bass, but it
> sounds pretty darn good, if I do say so myself

Yeah, personally I made the mistake of Coaxials, twice!

So I took the tweets of my old Coaxial, and gl;ue em onto my door, infront of
that weird armrest thingy.... Sounds great, kinda harsh though, I need a
real component set... DAMNNATION!

Oh well
    Greg

As for one 8" sub, THEY WORK GREAT, unless you like Rap(I don't really) you
don't need monster subs or many of em, I just wanted to be able to beat out
people at the stoplight, before it turns green!
    hehehe