Ron-snow tires...

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 21:13:02 EST

"i could use the 235/75 he said NO because they are too
skinny for the 8" rims
& that's when he told me about ABS & the engines speed
sensors. So how long
do you think it would be before they come out with
something to fit my truck,
or what do you think I should do about traction in the
snow & ice . I was
thinking about getting a set of chains but, I was
thinking,wouldn't I have
the same problem finding a set thast fits. I know we
don't get too much snow
here but I travel alot & i never know what weather to
expect (Western
Md.,West VA.). I just don't want to get stuck somewhere.
I know 4x4 would
have been the way to go, but that 's after the fact now.
Thanks for your help
I really appreciate it, and if you have any answers in
the future please
don't hesitate.

Ron M. (FloordYa2@aol.com)"

-Ron,
  Like I said before, skinnier tires are really what you want for snow
traction. So with that in mind, I highly suggest that you get a set of
P235/70r15's, which are fine for the 8" wheels (the T&H package came
with that exact set up in 97-98) Do what I did-I bought a set of
AR-767's and the 235's for my R/T, and took off the P255/55r17's for the
winter. Set-up looks pretty good, and everything interchanges (same
tire diameter)
  The problem with your factory tire size is that it's not put on any
other vehicle, and the chances of someone making a 65 series snow tire
that only fits a Dakota is extremely slim.
  Go with the 235's, and Bridgestone has Blizzak's available in them.
Call me at the store and maybe stop up-I can show you my setup and see
if you like the Blizzaks.
Patrick