Protect yourself from rip-off companies!!!!!

From: EWENN342@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 13:03:52 EST

Recently I read were someone on the list is having trouble with a refund
from R&D. I have also been ripped off by a company called Ice-Man
Products (Knight Engineering in CA). They make cold air intakes similar to
K&N. They told me at the time of sale that the product was satisfaction
guaranteed, but when it did not perform to my expectations they reluctantly
let me return it. They did not how ever issue a credit to my credit card ,so
I am out of my money and don't even have a product in my possession.

I have made a complaint to the BBB, but that does not guarantee you any
kind of response or action, the company I speak of is ignoring both the BBB
and my credit card company. I now know that I can at least check a companies
track record before I do any business with them. Also, you only have 60 days
from the DATE OF PURCHASE for your credit card company to be able to issue
a credit back to your account. After 60 days, they have no legal rights
to do so and you are at the companies mercy.

This has been a learning experience for me and I want to let others know
about it. I am sure I will not see my money. But at least there is a
complaint
registered with the BBB in CA (I'm one of five) and I hope it keeps someone
else from getting ripped off.

Eric W.