Re: Protect yourself from rip-off companies!!!!!

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 16:30:21 EST

Depending upon your credit card company, there may be other reproaches
that can be taken. For example, many of the "major" companies will
accept a complaint and conditionally refund your money (so you're not
out) and then open legal action against the miscreant company. I've
used that service several times with my Citibank account, and the folks
at Citibank have been both courteous and very successful in getting the
refund to happen.

I imagine it's easier to ignore "Joe Schmoe from Pigwallow, WV" than it
is "Citibank from NJ and damn near everywhere else in the world".

Kurt