electric fan power source: switch battery position?

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd@mho.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 17:16:16 EST

I searched the archives for awhile and couldn't find the answer.

on installing the electric fan, if the power comes straight from the
battery, then the fan would run when the truck is off.
the Perma Cool rep said to hook it up to the ' switch battery
position'. I presume this is the wire that goes to the starter from the
ignition key relay switch. does anyone know where this is in the post
97 Daks? I read a write up by someone who ran a wire to the inside of
their cab and hooked it up to their fuse box to a switch that was only
on when the engine is on, but there's got to be an easier way.

anyone know?

pjdmd