RE: Re: RE: Remote Start Key question

From: William Hutcheson (wnhutch@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 18:18:28 EST

The remote run time is variable from 15 to 30 minutes, you program it into
the "module". Also, whenever the truck has been remote started, the engine
will kill itself if the brake is pressed, the engine over-revs (usually
around 2500-3000 RPM), or the shifter is taken out of Park (on my Dak you
can't shift out of park, or turn the steering wheel without the key turned
anyway). Another neat thing that I tested today....whenever the truck is
remote started, you can insert the key and turn it on and off and the truck
stays running, you can even turn the key to the "start" position with no
grinding of the starter. The Clifford unit is smart enough to disengage the
starter relay so you don't accidentally grind your starter when turning the
key on. To disengage the Remote Start, just turn the key to the "on"
position, and press the brake, and the unit disengages itself.

It was nice this morning starting the truck from inside the nice warm
house, then walking out to the nice warm truck, and not even having to
scrape ice/snow off the windshield!

Oh...in case you are interested or for a more detailed description of all
the features (i.e remote lock/unlock), I got it off the www.egghead.com
website...follow this link..

http://www.egghead.com/category/inv/00000511/02469164.htm

69.99 + 14.99 S&H for a total price of 83.99.

If you have any other questions, let me know! :-)

William Hutcheson
94 DAK SLT CC, 318 auto
Flame Red Mark III
MP SBEC, and Clifford Remote Start
180 Thermo <---still waiting to be put in