Re: Re[5]: Remote Start Key question

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 19:51:28 EST

No deal. I'm just relating the info given me by the manufacturer.
In the original question, the remote starter installation guy would
have the same info, so that is where he was coming from. Besides,
the way they word it in the manual, it sounds like the ignition might
lock up if the wrong key is used, and that would suck....
BTW, earlier you said that the special ignition keys had a thicker
handle. Well, I haven't looked at keys from other vehicles that have
this feature, but the black plastic part of the handle of my keys is
plenty big enough to hold something like that. Have you ever seen
the microchips they inject in pets for id purposes? Slightly larger
than a grain of rice. You could fit several of them in the handle of
a 98 Dakota key.
Flip

That's fine...  But the bets still on.  Go to a local locksmith and
stand there
while he cuts a dupe so you know he's not putting any mystery codes
in while
you're not looking.

Is you in or is you out?
Tom

----
The "special" ignition keys have a chip or something in 'em which
makes the
handle part much larger or thicker than normal.  The standard keys
have no such
feature.

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!