RE: Re: Laughing gas legends

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 22:43:42 EST

You are absolutely correct about needing oxygen. I would also like to add
that you shouldn't breathe medical grade nitrous either. In dental offices
there are two tanks, one nitrous and one oxygen. The patient receives both
(not sure in what proportions). I can only relay my experience when my
dentist accidentally wheeled over the oxygen hose with his chair while I was
under. It wasn't very pleasant at all. I felt extremely nauseous and
started blacking out. He realized his mistake and started pumping pure
oxygen for awhile till my color returned to normal from gray. Never used
the stuff since. It's deadly in my personal opinion. In fact, I haven't
seen the stuff in dental offices for quite a few years now.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd