Re: RE: well i crashed my R/T twice in one nite

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 10:30:16 EST

> This leads me to another question for all of you east coasters and people
> who drive in the ice/snow. Why do you guys bother to drive in this
terrible
> weather? Other than going to work and trying to get the essentials, food
and
> such. I see on the local news trucks, cars, garbage trucks slippin and
> sliding across the roads. Do they require you guys to have chains on your
> tires? And don't get too jealous, it was rainy here over in California.

Steven,
Snow and ice is a normal part of life for everyone here in Indiana.
Currently, after a good 2 weeks of on and off snow, we have about 30 inches
on the ground. Why do I bother to drive in it?.......cause the snow doesnt
bother me at all, I love the cold, the snow, the weather, and especially
this part of the country. I have never gotten into an accident, never slid
into a ditch, or anything whether it was snowing out or not. No one around
here puts chains on thier tires or studs in them. It is really really nice
that I have a 4WD truck, but my girlfriend's 2WD truck(with 350 pounds of
sandbags in the bed) makes it through ok. I have only been called one time
so far since she got the truck(Fall of 99) at 4am to come pull her out cause
she got stuck in the snow. I would rather she did own a 4WD vehicle, just
for the safety aspect; she is selling her truck to get a Durango in the Fall
00. I drove a 90 Plymouth Colt for amny years in the winters around here,
but I wouldnt ever do it again! Driving in the snow is not a 'crazy' thing
by any means, you just have to slow down, take your time, and just be
alittle extra cautious; unless you drive a Dakota 4x4 :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6