Remote Start Key question

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 10:49:45 EST

I have a 2000 Ram with every option except Leather and 4 wheel anti-lock,
and I don't have a coded key. I'm not sure about the Dakotas, but thats not
an option on the Ram.

I had a remote start installed in the Ram and the only problem I have is it
interfacing with the Factory Alarm system. The installer was not able to
make the two work together. I finally got tired of bringing it back to the
guy. As it is right now, to set the alarm with the starter remote, I have
to arm it before I close the door. To disarm, I have to use the origional
remote to disarm the the remote start unit to start the truck, or the alarm
will go off, killing the motor, causing the check engine light to come on.
I've been meaning to bring it to another installer, but haven't gotten
around to it yet. After 8 trips, I decided not to let the first hack touch
it anymore.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM

- ---- Begin Original Message ----