Re: power locks

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 12:37:33 EST

shetland@erols.com writes:

> "in the switch or what, we have gotten a little
> bit of snow/rain/ice
> this week. Can anyone enlighten me as too some trouble
> shooting procedures?
> For that matter, how the heck do I take off the switch
> pod to get the door
> panel off?
> ________________"
>
> -Jon, did the power locks on both sides go out or just one side. If
> both sides went out, I'd say start with the fuse and work your way back
> to the switch. If both sides aren't locking/unlocking, then I'd start
> with the switch and go to the doors. The switch pod comes off with the
> door panel, then is removed from the panel from the back side.
> Patrick

If you locks still lockbut wont unloack there is some restriction in there
somewhere. I had this problem on my drivers door last winter. There should be
enough play in the harness going to the window & lock switches to avoid
having to remove it. Take some kind of penetrating oil and hit every joint
and let it soak. comeback with oil again and work the linkage through
manually until you can see a difference. Hope this helps.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2