RE: New Dak + Ques...

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 18:49:46 EST

> Well My new dak wasa shipped on Fri, should be at the dealer
> either late
> this week or early next, I already ordered the clear corners for it, I
> oprdered a G-tech so i can test my current dak (for Sale) and
> tehn keep
> current on teh new dak. Now for teh questions, and I am
> going to suggest
> email me privately on this so the dml is not going to full of
> crap for just
> me,

Kinda hard to reply when an Email addy isn't included (Outlook doesn't have
a 'reply to author').

> Stereo info: what are you guys running now for amps, subs
> etc.? Would you run teh same again or would you buy what brand?

I use a stock stereo (A/FM-Cass-6CD changer with 5 band EQ) with Pioneer
5x7's in the back, and soon to be installed 5.25's for the front. I've found
along time ago to just use the stock unit, and hide all the "other goodies"
aka amps/speakers. Got tired of having to replace glass and worrying as well
as the stereo.

> Where can I get a 2000 FSM cheap? is the 800 number for DC
> the only way or does amazon.com sell em?

I think only from the dealer.. :-(

> Blue headlights, what model bulb, who makes em and how much
> for our daks?

Waste of money. Totally worthless at night when it is raining. I "had" a
pair of Driving/Fog lights from Ralleye. Worked quite well until last Friday
when I mushed them into a snow bank. So a pair of KC Daylighters
(100w/200,000cp) are going to be installed. Hella 550's are ok not as bright
(only 55w/75,000cp). Now if you want to ultimate in lighting and have cash
to burn there is a HID kit available. Drove my VP's Lexus that has HID
headlights and I'll tell you first hand that they are the sh*t! But 5k for
the kit is a bit much.

> can you get em for the fog lights too?

why?

> Tonneau covers, how well do they seal the bed, hard tonneau
> preferences anyone? what do you do about sealing the tailgate?

I have a shell right now, but this Spring I'm getting a Pace-Edwards
Rolltop. Quiktrk99/Kevin has one, saw it and fell in love with it.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ