White face gauges installed

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 21:17:32 EST

I started installing the white face gauges from NR Auto today. I tore
up the original faceplate getting it off, as it ripped while removing
it. Parts of it were glued very well. I have all the gauges adjusted
now except for the fuel. As soon as the low fuel alarm sounds and the
light comes on, I will install the needle pointing to 1/8 tank, where
it always pointed before at that time. I set the speedometer to 60mph
by running on the Interstate and timing the mile markers going by
until they took exactly 60 seconds. Then I set the tachometer to
2000rpm at 60mph with OD on. Voltage was easy, straight up at 14
volts when running, and the water temp was too, as I know where it
always sets at normal operating temperature with the 180 stat. The
oil pressure was a little tricky, but I've been watching it and I
think I have it set just about where it was before. One thing that's
kind of strange, at a dead stop with the engine running, the
speedometer does not go to 0, but points at the first mark above it.
I'm going to leave it, as I know it's dead on at 60mph. Once I have
the fuel gauge done I'll put the cover back on. Over all, I'm really
pleased with the look of these gauges. Very nice!

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
Wilmington, NC