Re: Strange Drag Challenge

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 23:01:10 EST

I'd bet a LOT of money on that race. Even the new Honda Civic SI can't break
14s stock. I don't know what he's smoking. If it's a honda civic CRX SI,
with a 1.6L integra motor or something. it might be able to...
-Dester

<< My friend, who drives a 15 sec. Bow Tie powered 41 Dodge Coupe, calls me
 on the phone and tells me about his new ride, a 91 Honda Civic SI 5 spd.
 He saw a show on TV where a guy in Toronto has one that runs 12.1 in the
 1/4 mile, so he went out and bought one. He says it's totally stock as
 he got it from his 50 year old neighbor. He claims that he is going to
 chew my 14.9 94 Dak V8. He refused to let me time it with my G-tech.
 He just wants to blow my doors off. What am I missing here???
 I would guess the Civic will run high 15's. He says low 13's stock. I
 will keep you posted on this Strange Drag Challenge. Dave Waco

 94 Dakota V8 14.9 69 Super Bee 12.8 78 Arrow 360 V8 11.7