Re: !!!Lowering the dak!!!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 23:11:14 EST

I have a 97 dakota dropped 2-3 and it's quite close to the bump stops ALL
around. I had to shave off my front stops half way to get 1/2" of suspension
travel after installing 2" dropped springs and with a new hanger mount and 1"
block in the rear. I was about 3/4" away from the bump stop so shaved it and
I now have about 2" of travel til the bump stop gets hit. Anyways... there
are pictures of my truck on Bernd's page to see how low it is with a 2-3 and
lower profile tires.

Point of post: more than 2" in front without a new spindle and there will be
minimumal suspension travel. more than 3" in the rear, and expect a frame
notch... (which is NOT good because it bends and flexes over time and one
day... CRACK)
-Dester

<< > So i've pretty much decided that im gonna lower my