Re: Hemi details

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:26:11 EST

try www.allpar.com

It's made to run better because of big pistons and the "hemispherical" heads
on the engine.
-Dester

PS. It was an original crap motor when it started, the only reason it ever
produced so much power was because the guy that raced one of the first hemi
engines didn't like it so he advanced the hell out of timing in hopes to blow
the engine, but it didn't blow and started a whole new era in racing...

PPS. banned from NASCAR, daytona because it was just too damn fast. "hi,
we're chevy, we don't fight with the competition, we get it eliminated!"

<< Can any of you hemi engine nuts out there tell me what
 exactlly made the 426 Hemi run so much better than the
 other bigblocks of that era?
 I got into a conversation and couldn't explain the details??