Parts List for Diff. Fluid

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:43:39 EST

Just decided to post the list of parts and prices for this job:

1-Tube of Permatex Ultra Blue RTV: $4.19
1-Front Differential Plug(mine is leaking alittle): $1.49
2-Cans of Gunk Brake Cleaner: $4.59
1-Gasket Scraper: $1.99
2-1 1/2" Putty Knives: $1.10
1-Can of PB Blaster Penetrant: $4.99
4-Quarts of Amsoil Series 2000 75W90 Gear Fluid: $40

Total Invested: $58.35, plus some change for taxes. I am glad I am finally
taking the diff. covers off to get 100% of the diff fluid out compared to
how I normally use a fluid pump to suck out the old fluid. The front diff
takes 2.6pints of fluid and the rear takes 4.4pints; so I had to order 4
quarts of fluid. I plan on using, maybe, the putty knives to apply a thin
coat of RTV onto the diff cover and I will apply a 1/8" or so bead on the
diff. housing. I am still waiting for the Amsoil to come in, I will let
everyone know how it goes!! Hope these 117,500 mile old diff. cover bolts
come off and dont break! I am going to shoot each diff. cover bolt today(and
every other day!) to help loosen these bolts. Thanks for all the
input/advice on this job.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6