Re: Digital Camera

From: Marc Sanders (dakota4x@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 22:44:10 EST

Hi Preacher,

I'm gonna do my best to talk you into a different camera. CNET continually
gives the Sonys poor scores due to the poor picture quality. Really, in my
opinion, they have three things going for them - the floppy, the really long
zoom, and the MPEG feature. However, you could get a truly awesome,
top-rated camera for over $100 less, and have money left over AFTER buying a
video capture card to make your movies. Yes, you will need a card reader if
you don't have a USB port on your machine (serial is painfully slow), so
that's another 50 bucks or so. I have a USB port, and it takes me about 3-4
minutes to download my entire 24mb picture card. That card holds anywhere
from 55 to almost 300 pictures, depending on the settings. that's one great
benefit of the card-based cameras.

Check out CNET. We got my mom a Kodak DC280 for christmas ($699), it came
with recgargable batteries, all the cables, a 36(!)mb card which will hold
over 300 pictures on the lowest setting, and 2 MEGAPIXELS of resolution.
That is high enough quality to print photo-realistic 8x10's if you have a
good printer and phot paper.

The Sony's a very overpriced. Unless those three features are that important
to you, it might be to your benefit to check out some other cameras.

Marc Sanders
San Jose, Ca
'98 CC SLT+, 318, AT, 5.5" lift, 33" BFG M/T's
http://contagious-racing.8m.com