Re: Law, can anyone put it in english?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 21:07:17 EST

Mike Schwall wrote:

> Says in the law that proper lights are required. The Ram Head reduces the
> visual effectiveness of the brake lights - probably why they cited
> you. What state are you in?

I saw that it mentioned turn signals as well.
The Rams head covers I've seen, definately obscure the lense enough to be
considered unsafe.
Like clear lenses, Rams heads and blackouts are "show' items that have found
their way to the street.
If it's against the law in your area, be prepared for a hassle.
I'm no lawyer and I realize you asked for professional help, but it seems pretty
clear to me.
Sorry about your ticket :(
                                       Alan S.