Re: Law, can anyone put it in english?

From: CrescentResearch@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 21:11:49 EST

Headlight covers are legal, only due to the fact that they are not specified
in any existing laws. Basically, the law states that... "any motor vehicle,
trailer,
> or semitrailer which the Department or the Department of State Police
> determines is not equipped with proper (i) brakes, (ii) lights, (iii) horn
> or warning device, (iv) turn signals, (v) safety glass when required by law,
> (vi) mirror, (vii) muffler, (viii) windshield wiper, (ix) steering gear
> adequate to ensure the safe movement of the vehicle".....This states that
you must have proper brakes, lights, turn signals etc..... (which means
brakes lights and/or lenses must be RED... not clear!!!!! Clear lenses are
NOT PROPER EQUIPMENT!!!) In which case if you DO HAVE proper brake lights and
lenses, you're within the law. Covers are not specified. However, the brake
lights and lenses must be visible during vehicle operation.....If you put
covers on, they must be able to allow lights to be seen. Solid black-out
covers are not legal. I do expect this to be changed however due to the
abuse of covers and those dangerously stupid clear taillights (usually by
rice burning jap crap).