Re: 95 Dying

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 23:19:50 EST

Had the same problem twice.....always has been the battery. It seems that the
computer needs at least 11.5 volts going to it steady or the truck will keep
dying or will start up as tho it doesn't have any juice in the battery. Always
seems to be a short and the battery lasts about 15K. I know why mine kills
batteries is because the alternator puts out to much voltage (14.3 at idle and
14.6-7 under load) Just don't want to bother having it replaced. I wonder if
this is a good candidate for the ASP pulleys? Anyways, hope this helps.

Jeff Durling