Re: Turnkey hot rod dak

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 18:11:15 EST

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Patrick Delgado wrote:

> Well, I sold the dak. At least it's still in the family; I'm selling it
> to my sister. She's selling
> her dak to her neighbor. so we'll both be seeing our "babies" all the
> time.
> The question is what do I do now? I would like to buy a new dak that's
> "ready-to-go".
> I'm looking for somethin like the "Killer Bee" Dakota but for a slightly
> lower budget.
> A Kenne-Bell blown dak should do me just fine.
>
> Can anyone recommend a company/dealership?

    I'm not exactly sure of what the price would be, but if you don't
need the blower, you could probably order an R/T through just about
any dealer and have them install the entire Magnum R/T engine package
on it.

   This isn't on the east cost, but what about buying an R/T and
having it shipped to Kammer & Kammer for a little "makeover"? =)
They will be able to rebuild that 360 into something that'll eat
the Kenne-Bell Daks alive and for less money too. If you go that
route, you might want to see if either Kammer & Kammer or someone
they recommend can go through the tranny and beef it up a bit.
Another option might be to look into getting a V6 or I4 Dak and having
them either go through the engine or replace it with a hot 360, but
by the time you do that and replace all the drivetrain parts that will
need to be beefed up, I immagine it comes out better financially to
just start with the R/T. A minimum of "leftover" parts and labor.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'