question about new MP magnum heads

From: Chris and Sara (rile1@prodigy.net)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 21:43:17 EST

ok, I know that Ma Mopar has to put that 'not legal for sale on pollution
controlled vehicles' disclaimer on parts that the can't get, or haven't
tried to get a CARB number for. Yeah, ok whatever. But my only issue is
not one of legality (personnally, I say screw the tree-huggin' hippies and
their EPA) or morality. It concerns the damn OBDII systems that our
government has voluteered to install in our new automobiles for us (how
nice of them, argggghhh). Will they work? Will some tempurature be too
high? Or perhaps O2 or MAF? or some other thing I haven't thought of
yet...What will more flow do really, and what about the lower tempuratures
associated with aluminum heads, Blunt---Can we get away with it? Maybe we
can all pool some money together and buy a pair for a willing test subject.
My Dakota would love to be our guinnea-pig:) I have a friend at edelbrock,
I've been trying to get ahold of him, he's pretty high up in the
chain...maybe they are working on a CARB approved head design. I will post
what I find. If not, I'm sure if enough people inquire that might persuade
them to start.
http:\\drive.to\DakotaMadness