Re: Skid Plates - Revisited

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 06:55:59 EST

In a message dated 2/3/00 10:03:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Tim, sounds like it's gonna be a wait-and-see kinda thing. I got the crappy
 skids from the factory on my 2000. The one under the gas tank is actually
 metal though.
 So whenever Mopar comes out with some metal ones, i'll get those and replace
 the plastic puppies that already have a few nicks and gouges in them. And
 i've only taken her in the mud like 4 times.
 Good luck, it might be a long wait though.....

I got the skid plates too, but I took the central one off because I got tired
of cleaning up spilled oil off the driveway. The plate has a hole in it for
changing oil, but its too small and the initial burst of oil that comes out
collects on the skid plate. It is a poor design, ask a DC lube tech. I bet
the 2001 will have a better one on it.
As for being plastic, well its pretty damn heavy. Its thick ABS plastic
which is probably better than steel when it comes to absorbing blows.
Boog