Re: mike's new motor

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 04:46:09 EST

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, mike d. wrote:
> Hey all...
>
> well, the search is on....
> here is my great big plan... now, before anyone says "it's too much
> trouble" and "don't do it" just remember that I'm lookin' to be different
> here.... that's the whole point =)
>
> I'm lookin' for a 95 360 to putin my dak along with a tranny (hopefully
> from the same truck). Now, the problem is, I can't seem to find a motor
> that has everything still on it. I found one with a wiring harness, but
> no accesories. Found another with low miles, but has been sittin' in a
> mudpuddle for a year.
> Now, here is my question: Can I use the accessories and brackets from a
> 97+ on a 95 motor? does anyone know if they are different? keep in mind
> that I can't use any motor after 96 becuase I have mechanical guages and
> Mopar went to electronic guages in 97, and I'd like to stay away from an
> OBDII motor if I can. I already have an MP computer comin' for a 94-95
> 360 auto (thanks Gene!) so I'm definitely shooting for a 95 or 94 engine.
> Any suggestions would be helpful!!

  Mike,

  First of all, welcome to the dark side, and good luck! :-)

   I can't say with 100% certainty, but the brackets and accessories
and such don't look any different on the newer trucks as far as the
engine goes. I would say, since you've got a '94-95 computer on the
way, if you definitely want to stick with those years, then the
only thing you really need from '94-95 is the wiring harness.
(Actually '93 might work too, but I don't know for sure; I don't think
there was a '92 360 Magnum.) The engines should all be about the same,
its just a matter of hooking the sensors up to them... As far as an
OBD-II engine goes, really the only thing that makes them OBD-II is
the computer. ('96 also eliminated the EGR)

  Anyway, I don't know if that helps at all, but good luck with the
project, and if you ever run against me... be nice. :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'