Re: 98 4X4 Problems

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 19:38:07 EST

> It's been a while since I've actively posted or
> followed, mainly because my
> 98 4x4 is/has been doing great. I've gotten it to
> regularly get 17+ MPG on
> the highway at 75mph. My new problem is that the
> tranny is slipping on the
> 2-3 shift when it's cold or been sitting for about 1
> hour. Once I drive
> about 3 or 4 miles it doesn't slip anymore.

Not sure what you exactly mean by slipping, but on my
1992 4x2, I had a similar problem. It did not what to
shift into OD when it had sat for a couple of hours or
if it was cold. Then after about 2 or 3
miles....(happened same place on my way to school
every morning) it would shift. I took it to the
dealer and they replaced a sensor that tells it when
to shift and I have not had a problem since. The
dealer said that sensor tends to go bad every once in
awhile.

hope this helps.

Gregg
92 V6 CC