Re: mike's new motor

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 20:14:19 EST

>>First of all, welcome to the dark side, and good luck! :-)

   I can't say with 100% certainty, but the brackets and accessories
and such don't look any different on the newer trucks as far as the
engine goes. I would say, since you've got a '94-95 computer on the
way, if you definitely want to stick with those years, then the
only thing you really need from '94-95 is the wiring harness.
(Actually '93 might work too, but I don't know for sure; I don't think
there was a '92 360 Magnum.) The engines should all be about the same,
its just a matter of hooking the sensors up to them... As far as an
OBD-II engine goes, really the only thing that makes them OBD-II is
the computer. ('96 also eliminated the EGR)

  Anyway, I don't know if that helps at all, but good luck with the
project, and if you ever run against me... be nice. :-)<<<

well, I guess there is only one way to find out =)
the problem is that there are a lot of people who just don't know Mopar
Magnum engines. When I call a dealer or MP they don't know how to answer
my questions (like "are the accessory brackets the same" or "will a 98
alternator and starter work on a 95"). It' all I can do to even get a
slight amount of cooperation from anyone as far as researching part
numbers or anything like that.
I have a boat load of questions, but no answers yet.... and it's a little
too expensive for trial and error...
<sigh>

still won't give up tho!! Once you go to the dark side, you never go back
=)

I managed to locate a 98 360 with everything.. maybe I can get the wiring
harness and computer from the 95 to work with the 98 block?? hhhmmmmm....

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
88 Dakota LE: slammed, painted, and PARKED =(

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.