Ram air hood (part3)

From: Chuck and Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:18:44 EST

    Well, we are making good progress with the group buy. We definitely
have enough confirmed buyers so that the 30% savings is ours. That means
we are getting the hood for $280 plus crating ($29)and S&H ($70 - $100).
    I just got off the phone with Legendary. I asked them if they made an
air
box or if they knew of another company that did. Legendary does not
make an air box and other companies do not either (this hood is Legendary's
own design). They went on to say that given enough interest, they would
make one later this year though. I think we've all heard that before and I,
for
one, won't be holding my breath.
    Another little tidbit I found out is that Legendary incorporates a steel
frame around the hood. They say this provides structural integrity at high
speeds and prevents warping. Also, the molding process is done all by
hand and Legendary can make up to 4 hoods a week. They reinforced the
quality of their hoods stating that there would be little prep work involved
prior to painting. There's only one person I know who can attest to that.
The buyer of Troy's hood.
    Anyway, the way it's looking now is the group buy will start on Monday
Feb, 14th. Emails regarding the hood are starting to wane. If anyone who
was interested in the hood wishes to commit, please send me a quick email.
As always, if anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank
you for listening to my ramblings again.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Sport v6 5spd 2wd RC
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins