Re: Re: Coil

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:22:52 EST

> Here is my two cents worth on a coil replacement. I would think twice
> before doing it.
>
> I was going to put a Jacobs Ignition on my 97 Dak (318), but after
> reading the mixed "reviews" I decided not to put that much money into the
> ignition. I opted for the Accel Super coil which was a direct
> replacement that took me about 5 minutes to install. Well, after about
> 3-4 months the Accel coil went bad and left me stranded on the side of
> the road. So, I reinstalled the stock coil.
>
> I wrote Accel about their coil not lasting very long. I'm still waiting
> for their reply. Check the archives. There is a lot of information
> about coils and ignition.

I have had my Accel Super Coil on my Dak for over a year now with now
problems. I do keep my stock coil, some of my old wires, etc in my tool box
so if things do break down, which does happen; I wont be stranded. I wired
my MSD Ignition in with MSD's Universal Wiring Kit so that whenever I want
to, I can simply unplug the MSD Ignition and plug back in the 'stock
ignition." I still would say get an aftermarket coil ONLY if you are running
an aftermarket ignition; which requires a more powerful coil.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6