Re: Tranny service time

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 15:00:58 EST

> Can someone with the FSM for a 98 Dak please post the procedure for
>adusting the bands in the tranny. My truck is long overdue and I would like
to >do it soon. Also please post the listed socket sizes, which one needs to
be an
> eight point and where the adjusting nuts are located along with the
> description so I don't go adjusting something that doesn't need it :)

Is adjusting the bands really necessary though? The only part of
typical/normal auto tranny maintenance is changing the fluid/filter; this
greatly helps to extend the auto tranny life. I thought the only reason
bands need adjustment is if the tranny is acting up. Is yours acting up? I
change the tranny fluid/filter every year or 30,000 miles and have never
adjusted the bands on my transmission. So far at 117,500 miles the
transmission is fine.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6