Re: 5 spd w/ cruise control question

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 18:34:58 EST

I don't know what the hell he's trying to sell you by saying that but I've
got cruise on my '98 5spd 318 4x4, and I love it. i often take 3 -6 hour
trips and the cruise control is awesome. It keeps my foot from getting
heavier and heavier. (know what I mean?) I can accelerate decelerat with the
buttons. If I decide to accelerate by hitting the gas pedal just to pass
someone and then resume speed, after i let off of the gas it goes back
automatically. It stops if I hit the brake and won't come back until I tell
it to. It's cruise just like anyother. Oh yes he's right it does just
adjust the gas flow, that's what all cruise controls do isn't it? He's
dopey!!!

Joe G.

<< Okay, I'm coming down to the wire on ordering my Dakota and have a
 question. I'm getting the 5 spd, for control, economy and mostly I don't
 want to pay extra for the auto tranny, but I'm also wanting cruise
 control for long trips and fuel economy. I've been told I can get the 5
 spd w/ cruise and a salesman said the cruise on the 5 spd just adjust the
 gas flow. Is this right ? Any one have a 5 spd with cruise ? In
 advance I appreciate any feed back. >>