Re: Vent Hose location.

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 20:07:22 EST

At 07:17 PM 2/7/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>On the vent hose that is connected to the (stock) vavle covers on my 94
>dak(V8). I ordered a K&N FIPK (open element) and noticed that the hose that
>is conneted to the covers go into my stock air box. Where or what should i
>do with the hose. Does it need to be where cold air can get to it? or just
>strap it somewere?Well any info apprecited.
>Randall

It needs to be plumbed into a filtered air source. It's part of the PCV
system. It's the air inlet for venting the crank case. The PCV valve is
connected to engine vacuum, when the engine is not under load, the vacuum
sucks air from the engine crankcase, removing combustion gases that blew
past the piston rings.

It is important, and it must be connected to the air intake between the air
filter and TB. Otherwise, your sucking in dirty air and contaminating your
oil.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net