Re: Timing Belt AGAIN

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 13:48:10 EST

Easy... Go to your dealership.

DOH!

Just kidding, no seriously... you need to do the
following:
Start the truck, then turn it off..(have the hood
open) and note the rotation direction--

1) Leave the belt on
2) use a long screw driver to keep the pulleys/engine
from turning (you'll see what I mean when you do it)
3) Get a large wrench on the nut between the fan and
waterpump pulley.
4) Turn bolt in the direction of fan rotation to
loosen
(can't remember if is a standard or reverse thread).
You might need a second person to hold the screw
driver as a prybar to keep the fan/pulleys from
turning.
5) Once fans loosens, take a socket on the
idle-spring-
pulley, and turn clockwise with a socket/driver.
6) This loosens the belt, take the belt off.
7) Spin off fan CAREFULLY, and don't drop it into the
radiator. IT IS HEAVY, and can poke a nasty hole in
the radiator=leak.
8) once the fan is off of the water pump, loosen the 4
bolts for the fan shroud, and remove the fan/shroud
together at the same time (left up).
9) That's it! reverse to reinstall.

Sam '00 RT