Re: Vent Hose location.

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 17:48:10 EST

<< On the vent hose that is connected to the (stock) vavle covers on my 94
 dak(V8). I ordered a K&N FIPK (open element) and noticed that the hose that
 is conneted to the covers go into my stock air box. Where or what should i
 do with the hose. Does it need to be where cold air can get to it? or just
 strap it somewere?Well any info apprecited.
 Randall >>

I just put that same K&N part on my '94 318. It's the same as a regular
14"x3" air cleaner except that on the bottom of the new filter housing is a
tube that the old hose connects to. The only difference is that now it's
sucking filtered air. The stock set up has it located in the housing outside
the filter. (So there's really no point in having a tube at all, go
figure...) Don't forget to save the CARB exemption sticker in case you need
it where you live.

Scott
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112