Re: Vent Hose location.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 00:35:31 EST

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 ScottH216@aol.com wrote:

> << On the vent hose that is connected to the (stock) vavle covers on my 94
> dak(V8). I ordered a K&N FIPK (open element) and noticed that the hose that
> is conneted to the covers go into my stock air box. Where or what should i
> do with the hose. Does it need to be where cold air can get to it? or just
> strap it somewere?Well any info apprecited.
> Randall >>
>
> I just put that same K&N part on my '94 318. It's the same as a regular
> 14"x3" air cleaner except that on the bottom of the new filter housing is a
> tube that the old hose connects to. The only difference is that now it's
> sucking filtered air. The stock set up has it located in the housing outside
> the filter. (So there's really no point in having a tube at all, go
> figure...) Don't forget to save the CARB exemption sticker in case you need
> it where you live.

   Actually, I believe the direction of travel is up through the hose
and into the air cleaner, as opposed to the other way around. The engine
vaccum sucks the crankcase gasses back through the throttle body. If
your '94 was anything like my '96, your stock air cleaner would get
an oily residue on it where the hose attached.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'