RE: The legality of clear lenses

From: Ken (Chezoom@austin.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 22:34:34 EST

   Well I also had that question and did some research with local and state
laws. The lenses are legal if they are DOT approved that also applies to the
bulbs. This is in Texas anyway according to the Department of Public Safety
Better known as DPS... I called both of the sellers of the clear lenses and
they said that the lenses where not DOT approved. So in short they are not
legal in Texas..