Seats/Bolts

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 01:42:53 EST

Kyle, When I had my 91 Dak, I replaced the bench with a pair of buckets.
The buckets came out of a 93 Dak, so if you are getting them from
another Dak, its a piece of cake. To remove the bench, (it comes out as
one unit seat and rails) slide the seat all the way forward, remove the
nuts at the rear of the seat. (there is a stud thru the floor, it will
stay). Slide the seat all the way back. The front has bolts( I think
there are two on each side) , remove them. Tip the seat towards the
front of the truck, so it lifts over the studs (at the back). Remove
seat. It helps to have a buddy assist you, as it is heavy and bulky.The
buckets use the same mounting points as the bench, for the outboard
mounts. If you are getting buckets out of another Dak, make sure you get
all the hardware with them. The inboard mounts are the same as the
outboard(stud and nut at the rear, bolts at the front). After you remove
the buckets, remove the inboard studs. The best way to remove the
studs, is to use the nuts, that you took off of them. Put the first nut
on the stud and screw it down about 3/4 of the way, then put the second
one on and screw it down so they are tight together(use two end
wrenches), now you can put the wrench on the bottom nut and turn
counterclockwise. The stud should unscrew from the floor. The bolts at
the front go into metal clips (these are like the clips you get with a
new set of speakers, only more heavy duty). They are a pain in the a$$
to remove, but you will need them. The good news is your truck is
already drilled and tapped for the inboard hardware. At least my 91 was.
After you remove the bench, there should be a hole in the carpet for the
new stud. There is some putty like stuff in the floor to plug the hole.
Remove it and screw in the studs. (you should be able to crawl under
your truck and look up, and see the nut welded to the floor that holds
the studs) Put the clips in the front. Set your seats in, tighten the
nuts and bolts...enjoy.

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO