RE: Trac-lok Diff

From: Robert Cash (rcash@tbcnet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 11:36:19 EST

Hi,
  Remember, if you buy a new differential, you will need to have the gears
set up by a professional, and that could set you back a hundred easily.

For that price, you might want to consider installing a powertrax locker,
which you can do yourself, and it would use the existing case you have, and
with that in mind, the prices are comparable, difference being that the
locker is a bit more brutal, but will NEVER let you down, even if one tire
is completely in the air, the other wheel will have power.

I had a powertrax in another 4X4, and it was a bit clunky, but I hear the
new "no-slip" line is much much smoother, well worth a look, especially if
you are planning offroad stuff.

With no experience, I installed my locker in about 2 1/2 hours, and the
difference was unreal. Suddenly I could go places in two wheel drive others
could not go in four wheel with open differentials.

just my 2cents

Bob