Re: Gibson, Borla, or Flowmaster; which is most quiet?

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 16:19:36 EST

> I like the design of the HD stainless RPM series, but I wouldn't want
> the ceramic packing moving around tho. If my Flo ever wears out I
> might try the RPM. :) >

Well, I suppose it's possible, but this isn't a 1960's glasspack. From
looking at my edelbrock RPM, there are no louvers or air directors impeding
flow, just a pair of perforated core tubes. The combined area of the two
inner tubes is greater than the area of the entry or exit tubes. The ceramic
stuffing is packed so tightly inside, and rated for a high enough temp, I
doubt it will ever wear out. If it does, buying a new one is still worth the
better sound and higher flow to me than having one Flowmaster for the whole
time. Some people just like the sound of the Flowmasters. I tried the RPM
because I liked the design, and I'm very happy with the sound.

Scott
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112
McKennaRacing.com