Fw: RE: Compact Truck Sales-Dodge slumped in 1999

From: Richard Jacewitz (rjacew@webzone.net)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 23:59:25 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ohm347@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Compact Truck Sales-Dodge slumped in 1999

> In a message dated 02/09/2000 7:27:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> SS454454@aol.com writes:
>
> << << Everyone finally realizes they are CRAP! ;)
> >>

> what is ?the nissan? i wouldnt say anything were just 2 000 units above
them
> Rob
> >>
> IMO the reason the dodge sales fell in 99 was because people found out
that
> they were doing a redesign in 2000. i also feel that is why none of the
> major lift manufacturers offer lifts for the dakota. the front ends ,on
my
> 98 at least and some of yours as well, are weak and make some odd noises
> from time to time. the engines (ping) have a few flaws as well.
> personally i am really pissed at the redesign as the resale value of my
truck
> just took a shit and after market parts are going to get expensive in the
> future. i believe it was JD power and associates that said customer
> satisfaction after ninety days was higher with the dakota than any other
> midsize truck. well after two years i'm sick of the wet floors,
occasional
> engine shut downs when shifting to reverse, gronks when turning into
parking
> lots, extremly difficult shifts into reverse and first, slop in the drive
> train and other nuisances that come with this truck. but damnit i still
love
> walking out in the morning and seeing shining, and i love taking off and
> being pulled back in the seats. the dakota is the best looking vehicle
in
> its class. it has the biggest motor. i love it. i just wish they would
> spend more of their budget on research and development and less on the
glossy
> adds in magazines.
> sorry for the rant.
> derek

I am nearing retirement age and so have owned a few different makes:
67 Datsun Fairlady 1600 (too jumpy on bumps)
71 Datsun 510 (gave away to sister in-law - rusted out)
74 Datsun 260Z (too heavy stearing - smog controls)
78 Datsun 810 4spd (great)
80 Datsun 4spd Kingcab (rusted out and could not pull small boat)
Changed to Nissan and quit buying
89 Dodge Caravan (great with two small boys)
96 Miata (top down wife's toy)
98 Accord v6 coupe (26 mi/gal handles road well)
99 Dak CC 5.2 (looked at Ford 150 - too big - Dak is a great truck and
                        really will haul my little bass boat up the hills,
7k miles
                         and no problems, spins rear tires too easily!)
Rich in T-town OK
Gen II in Spring